1 lb celeriac diced small
1 oz butter or margarine
1 onion diced small
1 1/2 pints chicken stock
I garlic clove (crushed)
3 fl ounces single cream
2 fl ounces white wine
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the butter slowly in a soup pan until melted. Add the chopped onions, celeriac and garlic and stir over a medium heat until soft (but not coloured).
- Add the chicken stock and continue to cook on medium heat until the vegetables are cooked thoroughly, then remove the ingredients from the heat.
- Blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Return to a low heat and pour in the wine. Gently stir in the cream and heat slowly and stir until hot through.
- Add salt and pepper to season and enjoy!